Okay, so you’ve decided to buy a new bathroom scales.
Now the question is: which one to choose?
It is not easy, there are so many models on the market.
But don’t worry, we worked for you!
In this article, you will find the 7 best bathroom scales that you can buy in 2020!
If you decide to buy one, you will surely be happy with your choice.
What are the best bathroom scales?
- What are the best bathroom scales?
- 1. Tanita BC-545N – The best ever
- 2. Smart Weigh SBS500 – Best value for money
- 3. Beurer 74817 – The most sold
- 4. Medisana 40461 – The best mechanical scales
- 5. ETEKCITY – The best budget option
- 6. Nokia Body + – The professional bathroom scales
- 7. Beurer BF 700 – The best with Bluetooth Smart 4.0
- Things to consider when buying a bathroom scales
- Additional features
- So what are you waiting for?
1. Tanita BC-545N – The best ever
Do you absolutely need an excellent bathroom scales that guarantees maximum precision? Then we have the model for you!
Equipped with a high resolution color display with new graphics and a very simple reading, every measurement made with these bathroom scales takes only 15 seconds! In addition to weight, you can also measure the percentage of fat on the arms, legs and trunk area: you can also establish programs for weight loss in those areas with the same simplicity with which you measured it! 4 AAA batteries are included in the package.
If you are training and want to record all your progress, you will not have to worry: the personal scales include body mass index (BMI) and visceral fat measurement, and stores your data recognizing you every time you use it for a rapid measurement. The detachable electrodes also make it a truly complete and functional impedance-weighing scales!
In short, it is one of the best models available, an impedance scale patient scale that will surely make you happy too!
- High definition and easy to read color display
- Each measurement takes only 15 seconds
- Measure the percentage of fat on your arms, legs and torso
- Detachable electrodes
- It also measures BMI and visceral fat
- Store your data, to recognize your weight every time you use it
- It does not have an app that allows you to connect it with various devices and record the measurement results
2. Smart Weigh SBS500 – Best value for money
Are you ready to discover the best value for money bathroom scales?
This electronic and digital bathroom scales, thanks to the Smart technology it is equipped with, measures both BMI and body fat, water, muscle and bone mass. It can recognize up to 8 users, and the screen with 4 advanced sensors always guarantees absolute precision and an auto calibration system that will not disappoint you!
The design of the bathroom scales is modern and attractive, in smooth and durable tempered glass with a large LCD monitor with large clearly visible numbers. And it is very easy to measure your weight: just step on the bathroom scales, which will automatically turn off after a few minutes to conserve energy. Customer satisfaction is always at the forefront of the concerns of the brand, which offers a 2-year warranty and the help of a team ready to answer any questions or doubts raised after the purchase. You will not be absolutely disappointed with this bathroom scales!
In short, if you are looking for an excellent bathroom scales according to the opinions of many customers, you have just found it!
- Smart technology: measure BMI, body fat, water, muscle mass and bone
- Recognizes up to 8 different users
- Large LCD screen with 4 advanced sensors
- Modern design, in smooth tempered glass
- Simple weight measurement: just step on the scales
- 2 year guarantee
- According to some reviews, it seems to consume a lot of battery
- It does not have a system that allows you to export measurement data to other devices
3. Beurer 74817 – The most sold
Do you need a reliable bathroom scales but don’t know which one to buy? No problem, we’ll take care of it!
Made in a limited edition in black or black and silver, this electronic bathroom scales measures both fat and water, body weight, muscle mass and caloric needs: just get on the plate and place your bare feet on the electrodes located below the surface to get a perfect measurement! Thanks to its 5 activity levels, you can set it as you prefer and let it help you during your training sessions or for dieting. Batteries are included.
The particularly large and easy to read LCD display helps you effectively monitor all values on the bathroom bathroom scales. And it is also portable! Wide and only 32 cm long and 2.5 cm thick, it is the perfect bathroom scales for fitness enthusiasts, the best for those who want to check their well-being through diet and weight measurement.
On balance, it is one of the most precise bathroom scales, a well-sold model that will conquer you in full!
- Made in limited edition, in black or black / silver
- Measure body fat, water, muscle mass and calorie needs
- The electrodes under the plate guarantee an always accurate measurement
- 5 activity levels available
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display
- 32 cm wide and long, 2.5 cm thick
- The user selection option is slightly complicated to adjust
- The batteries supplied do not have a long life
4. Medisana 40461 – The best mechanical scales
Would you like to buy a mechanical bathroom scales, like the old ones? Then read on!
This scales – produced by one of the best brands, leader in the sector of bathroom scales and sanitary articles – has a large full-view analog dial that allows you to monitor the weight with great safety and attention: without the battery, its mechanical operation it has no limits! In addition, it has an attractive and retro design that makes it truly a one-of-a-kind bathroom scales.
The large non-slip support area allows you to position yourself without difficulty on the scales, and then proceed to measure your weight: you need to weigh yourself at the same time and in the same place (better a solid surface like the floor), and you’re done!
It is a scales with a professional design that has made many customers happy, not digital but one of the most interesting purchases of 2020: are you ready to be conquered by its unique features?
- Full-view dial to carefully monitor weight
- Large and non-slip support area
- Works without battery
- Produced by a leading brand in the healthcare sector
- To weigh yourself, you only need to step on the scale
- It is necessary to reset the needle after each measurement
5. ETEKCITY – The best budget option
Are you looking for a professional bathroom scale that has the characteristics worthy of the best models on the market? We have the one for you!
This bathroom scale is equipped with a large 8.25 cm backlit LCD display that allows absolutely easy readings: combined with its tempered glass design, it makes it a truly beautiful and functional scale! It is durable and practical, it automatically turns on and off by itself to save energy.
If the truthfulness of the measurements is one of your greatest concerns, the 4 sensors will always make them perfect. You can monitor your weight and keep it under control, both as a fitness enthusiast and as a simple person interested in keeping fit!
In the package you will also find a tape measure with hook to make your body measurements effectively and safely. On the display of the bathroom scale, you can check the battery status, you are protected from overloads and the best quality non-slip padding helps you stay safe and not get hurt during measurements.
In short, if you are looking for one of the best models on the market, you have certainly found it!
- Large backlit LCD display
- Modern design in tempered glass
- 4 sensors for always perfect measurements
- Tape measure included in the package
- Non-slip padding
- Ability to monitor the battery status on the display
- It does not have a weight storage option
- The meter starts at 5 cm instead of 0, making the measurement operation longer
6. Nokia Body + – The professional bathroom scales
Do you want to know a truly professional portable bathroom scale, born from a brand known for its great quality? Then read on!
This bathroom scale focuses on measuring your body composition, to help you work on it and direct your efforts on concrete data: body weight, BMI, fat mass and water percentage, as well as bone and muscle mass. And you can conveniently check the weight verification on the Health Mate app, via Wi-Fi and by connecting it to the bathroom scale with your smartphone! You can measure the weight of 8 different users and even the smallest family members, thanks to the Baby and Pregnancy Modes.
Do you dream of a truly intelligent and complete bathroom scale? When connected to Wi-Fi, the scale also provides local weather forecasts, great for deciding how to dress and how to adjust your daily activities. Health Mate also works with other apps, and allows you to connect with MyFitnessPal, Lose It, Weight Watchers, Runkeeper, Runtastic, MapMyRun … the battery lasts up to 18 months!
This is perhaps the best bathroom scale on sale, a model that will leave you breathless!
- Measure BMI, fat mass, percentage of water, bone and muscle mass
- Connectable with the Health Mate app via Wi-Fi
- Record the weight of 8 different users
- Baby and pregnancy mode included
- The connection with the app also allows you to monitor the weather
- The battery lasts up to 18 months
- Some customers consider setting up Wi-Fi slightly difficult
7. Beurer BF 700 – The best with Bluetooth Smart 4.0
Are you looking for an absolutely modern and digital scale, which is one of the best on sale in 2020? Keep reading!
Among the most precise, at least according to customers’ opinions, this diagnostic bathroom scale allows you to keep your weight value always under control: with the HealthManager app available for Android and iOs, monitoring it will be even easier and more fun! And Bluetooth Smart 4.0, the most interesting innovation, allows you to transmit data from the bathroom scale to your phone with great simplicity.
Its 5 activity levels and the ability to register up to 8 users increase the particularities of the incredible bathroom scale that you are facing! Its elegant and functional glass surface makes this professional scale an even more beautiful and functional bathroom scale, one of the best. The black LCD display is large and easy to read and the electrodes, in brushed stainless steel, always guarantee perfect measurements.
Let yourself be conquered by what has been considered by the reviews the best bathroom scale on sale, a model that will certainly not disappoint you!
- Linked HealthManager app, available for iOs and Android
- Bluetooth Smart 4.0 to connect it to the smartphone
- 5 activity levels available
- 8 users adjustable on the scale
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display
- Electrodes in brushed stainless steel
- Some customers complain of a slight slowness of the app
- The iOs version of the app seems to be unintuitive
Things to consider when buying a bathroom scales
Now that you have read this far you will certainly know many more details about bathroom scales: you have compared the various models and you know how they work down to the smallest details.
Before proceeding with the purchase, however, there is some other information that you should know.
We offer them to you immediately!
1. Analog vs digital
The analog scale does not use batteries to operate: you only need to get on it to be able to immediately check your weight.
- These are simple to use and generally inexpensive bathroom scale models, without excessively delicate electronic components that risk breaking. Not needing batteries to operate, they can be used at any time.
- However, they tend to be less precise than electronic models and lack many of the special features that make those models even more useful. Some do not reach a capacity greater than 115 kg.
The digital scale, on the other hand, works on battery power and allows you to measure your weight simply by climbing on it (if the ignition is automatic), or by turning it on using keys.
- They are generally more accurate than analog models and, in addition to having a greater number of useful additional features, some bathroom scale models can reach a maximum capacity of 250 kg.
- Since these bathroom scales operate on battery power, they must be changed each time they are discharged. They are generally more expensive than analog, and have many delicate components that may require assistance in the event of breakage.
2. Flow rate
A good bathroom scale – digital or analog – should have a high capacity, i.e. be able to measure very high weights. Some older models reach a maximum capacity of 140 kg, but begin to become inaccurate around 120.
The most recent models sometimes reach a capacity of 250 kg, proving particularly useful for those overweight buyers who want to buy a good bathroom scale, to combine weight control with diet and exercise.
A not very expensive scale will never be 100% accurate like medical scale models, but digital bathroom scales are generally more precise than analog ones thanks to the automatic calibration present in many models.
The easiest way to test if a bathroom scale is accurate is to measure the weight several times in a short amount of time: if it is always the same, it means that the purchased bathroom scale is a really good model.
Attention: the toilet mats or any other soft surface could alter the weight, so it is always better to place the scale directly on the floor.
A good bathroom scale must have readable results to immediately determine weight without wasting too much time.
The best digital bathroom scales have an LED screen that shows the numbers in large format (some are even backlit), while the analog ones usually have the numbers in tens, with small notches indicating the intermediate measurements.
The important thing is that they are easily legible from the ground, since the bathroom scales are placed on the floor and those who use them look at the screen from above.
Several models present this convenient additional feature, perfect for partially sighted people or people with mobility problems: a recorded voice reads the weight reached, without having to check it on the screen and therefore having to bend over on the scale.
Usually bathroom scales of this type have a very large LCD screen which also allows you to adjust the volume and set other options related to this function.
If you want to record your progress with weight on paper, this function will help you: some models of bathroom scales allow you to print the results of the measurements, to keep them with you and compare them as the diet and training go on.
Bathroom scales with this feature are generally expensive, but prove to be of great help for those who decide to undertake an intensive fitness or weight loss path very important for health.
The BMI, or Body Mass Index, is measured by many models of personal scales: it is an essential data for those who want to lose weight and therefore monitor the reduction of this index constantly. The most modern scales measure it through the simple impulse of an electrode located below the surface, in the area where the feet rest, quickly and absolutely painless.
If you are not a fan of fitness and you just need a bathroom scale that shows you how much you weigh, then you won’t need this feature. If, on the other hand, you are going to go on a diet or to undergo some intensive training session, you should look for models that allow you to calculate it exactly.
If you want to record all your weight measurements, or even allow your family members to take them into account, you will need a personal scale that can store them. Just weigh yourself and then use the various keys connected to this option and present on the electronic scales, and you’re done!
Scales of this type are always an excellent choice from the point of view of comfort, both for fitness enthusiasts and for those who simply want to measure weight from time to time. Some scales are also settable in Baby or Pregnant Woman mode, therefore even more specific.
So what are you waiting for?
Well: you have read this far, and now you will certainly know how to distinguish, among the various models, the best bathroom scale on sale!
You know the functions of the various scales, their potential and uses … in short, only your purchase is missing!
So what are you waiting for? Go, and buy the bathroom scale that’s right for you!