Do you like order and want a tool cart to help you maintain it?
You don’t have to worry about it anymore!
Our team made this article with the 5 best tool trolleys you will find for sale in 2022.
Let’s take a look at them together…
The 5 best tool trolleys
- The 5 best tool trolleys
- Factors to consider when purchasing a tool trolley
- Tool trolley – maximum organisation at work
1. Einhell BT-TW 150 – Best ever
Are you tired of seeing your accessories lying around? The BT-TW 150 is ideal for keeping your workshop, garage, or any other space tidy. Thanks to the 7 integrated drawers, keeping things tidy will be very easy and you will always have the tools you need at hand. Each drawer has telescopic slides and can be locked to avoid accidents. This is definitely the best tool cart of 2022.
The handy BT-TW 150 tool trolley is capable of carrying up to 150kg thanks to its sturdy plated steel construction, which gives you better strength. Moving it from one side to the other will be quite easy as it is equipped with 4 wheels that allow smooth and precise movement. Two of them follow your movements and are equipped with a parking brake. User reviews agree on the exceptional quality of this product.
- Extendable drawers: with the 7 drawers of the tool cart, you can organize your accessories by size, utility, and frequency of use. No more tripping over screwdrivers or pliers lying on the floor. Your workspace will be much tidier, safer, and more comfortable.
- More space: of the drawers in this trolley, 4 are 45 mm high, 2 are 100 mm high and finally, there is the largest drawer, which is 200 mm. In this, you can place the tools that take up the most space, such as drills, grinders, hammers, and more.
- Load capacity: supports 150 kg, enough to store all your accessories and more. Thanks to its design, materials, and durability, the top of the trolley is suitable for storing frequently used tools such as drills, screws, hammers, etc.
- Anti-slip inserts: To prevent the drawers from opening by themselves, anti-slip inserts block their movement. This way you only open the drawers you want when you want to.
- Steel frame: the tool trolley has been plated with steel to make it stronger. This gives it better strength and a longer lifespan.
- Wheels with brakes: the 4 directional wheels will not only allow you to comfortably move the cart from side to side, but you can activate the brakes so that the unit won’t move when you need to stop somewhere.
- Locking system: it is possible that some drawers, when closed, will trigger the lock, so you will need to always have the keys handy and be careful not to leave them inside.
2. Stanley FatMax – Best value for money
Stanley’s FatMax allows you to store all your work tools in one place and move or carry them with you. It is one of the most purchased mobile devices by professional electricians, plumbers, mechanics, and carpenters in recent years. Its measurements are 56.8 x 89.3 x 38.9 cm, distributed in 4 drawers where all your tools will fit. You should not doubt that it is one of the best tool carts you will see in the list of 2022.
Although the frame is made almost entirely of plastic, it is a very sturdy composition that stands up very well to weight, wear and tear, and weather conditions. The rustproof metal locks prevent corrosion and give you all the security you need when moving it. Each wheel has a diameter of 17 cm and is made of hard rubber that allows you to move it easily no matter how heavy it is. By purchasing it, you will also benefit from the best value for money in 2022.
- Extra large base: it has a very large base, which you can open to store larger volume tools, such as grinders, saws, electric screwdrivers, and more. In addition to this compartment, there are 3 other drawers where you can store all your other tools.
- Removable case: the removable case is ideal in case you need to carry tools with you but can’t take the whole tool cart with you. You will always have everything you need everywhere.
- Top surface: the top surface is designed so that you can work on it comfortably without causing damage to the structure. You’ll be able to do whatever you need to: cut wood, sand an object. This also contributes to its value for money.
- Compartments for small items: in case you have nails, screws, rivets, nuts, or small items that you want to keep in order, the intermediate trays of the tool cart will come in more than useful. In this tool cart, you will have a compartment for each type of part and this will allow you to find them faster when you need them.
- Easy to move: wheels are an important part of any tool cart and this one has them. You will move the FatMax very easily thanks to its 2 top-quality rubber wheels. Their sturdiness helps balance the unit and they are very practical. There are many favorable opinions from users regarding this aspect.
- Handle a little weak for certain uses: if you take the cart upstairs, the handle might be a little weak. On flat surfaces, however, you won’t have any problems.
- Extra weight in the top drawer: if you place too much weight in the top drawer, the bottom drawers will rub against each other, which may hinder opening and closing.
3. Meister 8986100 – Excellent capacity
Whether you work at home, in the workshop, or in the factory, the most important thing is always functionality. That’s why Meister has designed the 8986100, a very spacious tool trolley for storing all your tools. It protects your working tools from dust, rust, and other harmful agents and at the same time keeps them tidy. It has a professional design that enhances your workspace as well as tidies it up.
The 4 drawers on this cart not only give you all the space you need to store your tools but also allow you to organize your accessories by type or uses. For example, you can have a drawer for woodworking, one for mechanics, another for electricity, etc. The last compartment at the bottom, which is larger, is useful for storing large equipment. No matter how big your tools are, you’ll be able to store and keep everything in order, from small nuts to a grinder.
You can find more good items by checking out our guide to buying the best telescopic ladders on the market.
- Large capacity: the 4 drawers of this tool trolley, hold up to 8 kg of weight each. They are attached to sturdy hinges and have an aluminum handle for easy opening and closing. The hinges and guides allow you to close the drawers with a push. No drawer will accidentally open if you don’t want it to.
- Excellent mobility: it is quite light, so it is very easy to transport the cart from one place to another. In this sense, the 4 plastic wheels allow it to move smoothly, inside the house or in a workshop.
- Store large tools: the drawer at the base of the tool trolley is large in size and thanks to its capacity it will allow you to store medium-sized and heavy accessories or machinery. You won’t continue to use old cardboard boxes to store your equipment, but you will use this efficient tool holder that is not only safe but can be easily moved wherever you want.
- Durable materials: the cart is made of metal, aluminum, and steel, which gives you better strength and durability. Forget about fragile products that break easily. Here you will store your working tools safely.
- Excellent stability: it is very stable when stationary, despite having 4 wheels. This is possible thanks to the front braking system that locks it and makes sure it does not move.
- Work surface: the top surface of the trolley serves both as a work table, to cut, nail or screw what you need, and to put the tools you will use during a job.
- Hard drawers to open when new: In some reviews, users state that there may be difficulty opening the drawers when new, but that they solved this easily by oiling the hinges.
4. TecTake 402799 – Highly functional
Give every tool its own space and radically eliminate clutter in your workshop. With the TecTake cart rack, every tool will have its place and you can easily find it whenever you need it. The 402799 features 7 lockable and keyed drawers to prevent unwanted access or opening. Once you have it in your work area you won’t be able to do without it.
The dust cover and the non-slip mats in the drawers and on the top shelf are absolutely functional: they protect the structure and keep the objects inside steady. Thanks to the 4 wheels you can move it easily, while the braking system locks it firmly to the ground.
- Many drawers: with its 7 compartments, this trolley has all the space you need to store screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, and any other tools you have. No matter how much equipment you have, keeping your things in order will be really easy with this product.
- Sturdy design: even though it only weighs 23.5kg, the tool trolley can support up to 150kg of weight. Its metal body gives it a long lifespan and is very resistant to impact. This comes in handy since you will be working with heavy tools and equipment.
- Dustproof paint: this will help you keep it clean, as workshops, factories, and garages are often full of dust and other residues, caused by the materials you work with. You won’t need to clean it every time. You’ll save time and focus more on your work.
- Easy movement: thanks to the 4 wheels, move the tool trolley easily. With its locking system, you can lock it in the place where you need to use it.
- Security locks: since it has locks, the drawers stay closed while you move it plus you will protect your things from unauthorized access. It’s a fairly simple security system, but one that could save you a lot of unpleasant surprises.
- Comfortable handlebar: the handle can be mounted on the right or left side, your choice. Pushing or pulling this trolley is very comfortable thanks to this accessory. The height at which you place it is also optimal.
- Height of the drawers: it is a bit difficult to fit large tools in this cart, as the drawers are not very high. However, by organizing the space well and arranging them in a certain way, you can solve this problem.
- Thin sheet metal: users in reviews pointed out that despite being well built, the sheet metal of the tool cart is quite thin. This does not affect its features and functionality.
5. Stanley 1-79-206 – Super versatile
Use it for any type of work, take all your tools with you where you want them and find them immediately when you need them. The Stanley 1-79-206 is extremely versatile, lightweight, and comfortable. It is suitable for both professional and home use and features a 5-drawer modular system that allows you to store what you want. It is without a doubt an extremely versatile and functional tool trolley.
The dimensions of the trolley are 86.6 x 48.8 x 34.8 cm, so it is very spacious, yet lightweight. In fact, it weighs only 11 kg, ideal if you need to move it to carry out a job elsewhere. Also making it very practical to move around are the telescopic handle, which you can adjust to suit your height, the large 7-inch rear wheels, and the modular system. Each compartment, in fact, has its own handles and can be separated from everything else. It will adjust to your needs in the best way possible. We’ve also compiled an article of great tool kits, so check them out.
- Suitable for large tools: the bottom case of the trolley is spacious enough to store several large tools, such as drills, grinders, small saws, chisels, and more. You’ll never have to give them up again: take them with you wherever you need them conveniently and conveniently.
- Better organization: trays with different compartments are ideal for organizing screws, nails, washers, nuts, and other small parts. Generally, the smallest accessories are the hardest to keep in order and often get lost or scattered around. To avoid this, the 1-79-206 tool cart offers you perfectly defined compartments to keep them in order.
- Modular system: this tool trolley is spacious, sturdy, and can be disassembled into three pieces, which makes transporting it extremely easy for you. In fact, each compartment has its own handle and you can assemble and disassemble it according to your needs. Take all your equipment with you or just the compartments you need, leaving everything else behind.
- High strength: the plastic that the tool cart is made of is very strong and can withstand heavy weight without deforming or breaking. In addition, it can withstand blows or bumps that may occur accidentally when using certain work tools.
- High mobility: the 7-inch rubber-coated wheels and telescopic steel handle make it super easy to move it anywhere you want. Since it is modular, you can use it in any way you want.
- Not perfectly stable handle: in some opinions, buyers have said that when moved, the handle is not very stable if you load a high weight and therefore it might wobble.
Factors to consider when purchasing a tool trolley
Since there are many products on the market that allow you to organize tools and various work equipment, it is important to know what the main factors are that characterize them, in addition to prices or brands. By knowing these features, you will be able to identify the best tool cart 2022 for you. Read on and you will be able to know the list of the most important elements to consider before buying.
Number of Drawers
Tool carts can vary in size, just as the number of drawers and their dimensions differ. Small compartments are for storing small parts, such as screws, bolts, nuts, etc. Larger compartments are suitable for bulkier devices such as the drill, circular saw, grinder, etc. So check both the number and type of compartments you have available.
Tool carts can be made of very different materials. You will find them in sturdy plastic, which is very durable, practical and lightweight. They are the easiest to move, out of the house, out of the workshop, and wherever you need them. There are also even sturdier ones made of metal, which provide more strength and durability but tend to be used more as stationary carts in the workspace.
The drawers of tool carts may have special anti-slip systems. Thanks to these, the compartments stay closed and do not open when moving the cart. They also prevent small and large parts from accidentally falling out or moving around too much within the various compartments, getting messy.
Some of the tool carts may have in one or more drawers with locks that will allow you to keep them locked at all times, to avoid accidental or unauthorized opening. If you are a professional, this will definitely come in very handy as you can keep your things locked and protected from inappropriate hands, accidental loss, and many other unpleasant problems.
The wheels of tool carts must be made of materials strong enough to ensure their durability. They are often made of very durable rubber that is suitable for all types of surfaces and allows for smooth rotation. Many of the models have locking systems and brakes that allow you to hold the device where you need it, preventing it from moving accidentally.
Tool trolley – maximum organisation at work
To find the model that allows you to keep all of your equipment and tools in order, consider the list we just presented to you. There are many options that will allow you to have all your work tools in one place. This way you will avoid inconveniences and keep your garage, workshop, and any other area where you do your work in order.
You have high-quality options that offer you different models, sizes, and materials and this makes it easier to choose the perfect model for you. After you have thoroughly evaluated these best tool carts for sale in 2022, you will be more than ready to make the right purchase. Your workspace will finally enjoy a perfect order.