- Wrap the cuff at least one finger above your elbow line. During inflation, the cuff wrap guide will signal if the cuff is on correctly
- OMRON's unique pre-formed, Intelli Wrap Cuff makes it virtually impossible to place the cuff incorrectly around the upper arm
- You can also automatically transfer your blood pressure readings to your smartphone, once paired by Bluetooth, the Omron M7 Intelli IT will update the Omron connect app with all your latest measurements. The Omron connect app lets you follow you progress or share your readings with your doctor
- You can also keep track with Alexa just ask, "What's my latest blood pressure reading" or compare averages over time
- Power supply: Battery
- Battery type: AA
- OMS calibration: No
- Information provided: Systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, heart rate, mean value calculation, arrhythmia alarm, hypertension alarm, morning hypertension alarm
- Functions: Measurement error alerts, Date and time, Auto power off, Low battery indicator, successful measurement alert
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, smartphone app
- Display: LCD
- Measurements that can be stored: 100
- User profiles: 2
- Rechargeable: No
- Accessories: Case
- Minimum sleeve size: 22 cm
- Maximum sleeve size: 42 cm
- Bluetooth connection to the Omron Connect app
- Can be used by 2 users
- Intelli Wrap Cuff technology for perfect positioning
- Very large sleeve
- Accurate and reliable measurements
- Case supplied
- High cost
- Our ratings on the decisive factors for choosing Omron M7 Intelli IT
- User reviews
- Video review
- Omron M7 Intelli IT final score: 9.4/10
Our ratings on the decisive factors for choosing Omron M7 Intelli IT
1. Type: Rated 10 out of 10
The factor concerning the type of Omron M7 Intelli IT blood pressure monitor wins the highest marks for a number of reasons.
First of all, this model is electronic, a technology that, compared to the analogue one, is very simple to use even by users who are not experts in the medical field and guarantees a higher degree of accuracy and reliability of results. In addition, electronic meters offer a number of additional features than just measuring blood pressure. In the case of the Omron M7 Intelli IT, for example, there is the possibility of connecting the device to the smartphone via Bluetooth, we will talk about this feature in more detail in the section on functions.
Another aspect related to the type is that it is the arm meter. This type of meter may not be ideal for those who want to use the device mainly on the road or for those who are always in a hurry, as it requires them to uncover the measuring arm and that its dimensions are slightly larger than the wrist meters, for example. However, arm meters are currently the most accurate on the market and do not easily lead to operating errors.
2. Information provided: Rated 9.5 out of 10
The factor for the information provided by the Omron M7 Intelli IT meter also deserves the highest score, as it offers the user a particularly wide range of information.
First of all, we point out that the data provided by the meter in question are particularly reliable since they are calibrated on the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO). We obviously find the basic information shown by most of the pressure gauges on the market, namely the systolic and diastolic pressure and the heartbeat frequency. If the systolic and diastolic pressure levels are higher than the average and therefore involve a risk situation, a small LED indicator next to the “SYS” and “DIA” markings will light up orange. If the values are average, the indicator will light up green.
In addition to this basic information, the Omron M7 Intelli IT also shows:
- The memories for 2 users;
- The average value of the last three results;
- Detection of an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia);
- Detection of any anomaly in the measurement.
3. Ease of use: Rated 9 out of 10
The ease of use of the Omron M7 Intelli IT pressure gauge is very good, but it does not get the highest marks because it does not have the “talking” function and the touch screen controls, which would make the device extremely easy to use by of any type of user.
Among the strengths of this device, we find, first of all, the very clear and large-digit display, which is suitable for the elderly or with sight problems people. The data shown on display are also sharp and very easy to interpret.
The commands corresponding to the various settings are quite intuitive, but we strongly advise you to read the instruction booklet before attempting to use it given a large number of functions and programs present.
The positioning of the device is very simple: you have to tighten the sleeve on the uncovered left arm, a few inches above the elbow, connect the air tube to the monitor and place your arm on a shelf, at heart level. If the sleeve has not been positioned correctly, the display will show error codes. Once you’ve made sure you have everything in place correctly, the meter will work completely automatically. It will be enough to press the power button, and the detection of the pressure values will start immediately.
4. Functions: Rated 10 out of 10
The functions of the Omron M7 Intelli IT blood pressure monitor are excellent and make this model one of the most advanced on the market at the moment.
Below we list all the functions it is equipped with:
- Bluetooth connection to the Omron Connect app: this is undoubtedly the function for which the Omron M7 Intelli IT clearly stands out from other models on the market. The app created by Omron is compatible with Android and iPhone and offers a complete overview of your blood pressure over time, using graphics and calculating average values;
- Sleeve with Intelli Wrap Cuff technology: this is a system that not only ensures a comfortable and optimal fit but also consists of a special sensor that signals any positioning problems that could invalidate the measurement;
- Memory of 100 values for 2 users: using this function it is possible to record the pressure values of 2 different people, storing the date and time;
- Morning hypertension indicator: this program allows you to monitor the pressure in the morning, to notice if it is different from the rest of the day;
- Warning of use errors: if problems occur during the detection or if the batteries have run down, error codes will appear on display. To find out what each symbol corresponds to, consult the appropriate table in the instruction booklet;
- Automatic switch-off: after 2 minutes of inactivity the meter switches off automatically, so as not to consume the batteries unnecessarily.
5. Accessories: Rated 8.5 out of 10
The accessories supplied with this blood pressure monitor are also quite satisfactory. We did not award top marks just because other meters in the same price range also include an extra sleeve, which is larger than the one supplied.
In the Omron M7 Intelli IT package, in addition to the device itself, you will therefore find 4 AA batteries, the instruction booklet, the guarantee, a comfortable sleeve with a very wide circumference (from 22 to 42 cm) and a practical case to protect the device from knocks and not to lose the various components.
The reviews of users who have purchased the Omron M7 Intelli IT blood pressure monitor are numerous and, overall, confirm our rating. The most appreciated features are its ease of use and the reliability of the results, as well as the ability to connect the device to the smartphone. Some users, however, advise you to check that the device is compatible with your smartphone type before purchasing.
Omron M7 Intelli IT final score: 9.4/10
The Omron M7 Intelli IT blood pressure monitor achieves an excellent final score of 9.4 out of 10. It is one of the best arm blood pressure monitors on the market. The most convincing features are certainly the possibility of sending the measured data to the app on your smartphone via Bluetooth, which allows you to monitor the pressure over time and share values with your doctor if necessary. Other numerous features, such as Intelli Wrap Cuff technology and the possibility of recording up to 100 measurements for 2 users, make this device very sophisticated and justify its high price.
We recommend this model to those who want to invest a higher figure for a cutting-edge and very reliable instrument, but also to those who need to monitor and keep under control pressure frequently. It is not ideal for those looking for a more basic tool and a limited budget.
|OMRON M7 Blood Pressure Monitor with Bluetooth and Intelli Wrap Cuff||16,125 Reviews||Check Availability|